Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC Day 1

Ciao Amici, today I started KCWC (I was stuck on the couch with a cold yesterday!) Although I'm ashamed to say my first project was a bit of a dud :(  I was so excited to begin with, I was inspired by Sophie's gorgeous blog  Cirque du Bebe, where she has a picture on her header of a stripy top with a mustache - its just gorgeous! So I thought I'd do my own version... But unfortunately things didn't quite work out. Oh yes it looks fine on the hanger.... but the neck hole is a bit small (meaning I almost take off poor Ollie's ears while taking it on and off!) and when on the mustache actually looks more like a bikini top rather than a facial hair! Oh well at least it provided some laughter in our household this arvo :)
Here are the pics anyway, They are also on the KCWC Elsie Marley flickr group.


I used a blue cotton with a fine grey stripe, the fabric was sold with the stripes on a slight angle which I kind of like - even though I'm sure this was not the intention.


The Mustache is black velvet, that I backed with fusible web, then ironed on to the singlet and zigzag stitched around it.

I'm thinking of trying again with the mustache idea... next time I will down size the mustache and move it down a bit to avoid mistaking it as a bikini! 


1 comment: