Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Ornament Swap: Made.

As I mentioned in a previous entry, I have entered into a Christmas Ornament Swap. We have been put into groups of 5 or 6 and by the 1st of December we have to send a home made ornament to each of the members in the group. Basically you end up with 6 different home made ornament at the end - lots of fun... and how doesn't love getting presents in the mail :)
What to make!? There seemed to be too many options I just could't commit to one... but I just got on with it today.. and I'm pleased I did!
One of my first ideas was to make mini bunting flags so I rummaged through my fabric stash and found a bunch of things that seemed to marry together well. Here's how I went:

 All the items I used were from second hand shops, isn't it so satisfying when you can make something entirely out of thrifted materials! Nothing bought new. 

I cut long strips of both fabric

using pinking scissors to avoid having to hem the flags... 

6 bunting ready to sew..

probably should have ironed them..

Ta-da!



had to take a shot with my hand in there so you can get an idea of how tini tiny they are :)

I'm feeling a little more christmas-y after this little project... must start on actual christmas pressies next.

Ci Vediamo!

2 comments:

  1. that is so cute!!! thank u for sharing!!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Hols! I have bunting for Es room and Erin's bubas room all cut out and ready to go, a bit bigger than these ones though. So cute!

    ReplyDelete